Set up your own electronics bench at home.
Some are required, some are optional. Consult with your instructor regarding policies for these "cookbook" labs.
- Perf-board soldering lab practice | Supporting info
Soldering tutorial from Curious Inventor (about 6 min) or a similar tutorial from "One Tesla" (about 4 min). Be sure to watch one or both of these before lab.
soldering tutorial from EEVBlog. (Watch this, too, if you have enough time. )
Prequel to the above EEVBlog video. (You can put this one off until later, if time is short now.)
A perfboard soldering example from the old Audio club, done as a club project. (The circuit is a classic 555-based LED flasher.)
A perfboard soldering video from that Jameco guy.
A simple Perfboard planning app. available on github. It's limited, but can be helpful.
Perfboard graph paper that could be printed and used to sketch out a soldering plan.
Fritzing can be used to make a perf board plan.
- KiCad layout
- Linear regulators | electronic load
- Temperature sensors
- Photodetectors and LEDs
- Switched-mode regulators 1
- Switched-mode regulators 2
- Surface-mount soldering (subject to change).
- Arduino: Digital I/O, analog input, and PWM.
- Arduino: push-button input, LCD, and LED display
- Arduino: real-time clock, serial communications
- Power output stages
- Class D amplifier (maybe)