pn-junction electrostatics practice problems
Refresh the page to get a new problem.
A silicon p-n junction is uniformly doped with n-type ND = 7.0e+17 cm-3 on one side and p-type doping NA 8.0e+17 cm-3 on the other.
Find the following at room temperature:
- the built-in potential
- the total depletion-layer width at zero bias
- the depletion widths on the n- and p-sides
- the maximum magnitude of the electric field
- the capacitance at zero-bias
Note: For silicon,
- the relative permittivity is εr = 11.8
- the intrinsic carrier concentration is ni = 6.000e+9 cm-3
- the conduction band density-of-states is NC = 2.800e+19 cm-3
- the valence band density-of-states is NV = 1.000e+19 cm-3
- the band gap energy is EG = 1.120 eV.
- φbi = 0.96 V
- WD =0.0580 μm
- Wn = 0.0309 μm on the n-side and Wp =0.0271 μm on the p-side
- Emax = 3.317e+5 V/cm
- Cj = 1.801e-7 F/cm2.