MOS threshold practice problems
Refresh the page to get a new problem.
An NMOS structure (i.e. p-type body) has p-type doping of 2000000000000000 cm-3. The gate oxide thickness is 10 nm. The gate is made of heavily n-type polysilicon.
Calculate the threshold voltage and gate capacitance at room temperature.
Note: (All quantities are for room temperature: T = 300 K.)
- The relative permittivity of silicon is εS = 11.7.
- The relative permittivity of silicon dioxide is εox = 3.9.
- The intrinsic carrier concentration is ni = 6.00e+9 cm-3
- the valence band density-of-states of silicon is NV = 1.00e+19 cm-3
- the band gap energy of silicon is EG = 1.120 eV.
- Using n-type polysilicon the difference in barrier heights is -0.18 eV
- φFB = -1.08e+0 V
- VT =-3.64e-1 V
- Cox = 3.45e-7 F/cm2